Friday, January 21, 2011

wedgies!


There once was a time when i was just oh so petrified of trying blue cheese... that is a far away place tucked deeply in the back of my brain now, simply because, if i hadn't given my taste buddies the chance to experience such rotten goodness my life would have never changed so abruptly for the better!

here we have (in case you can't tell because of my ridiculously horrible photo shooting skills) a iceberg lettuce wedge topped with apples, bacon, and blue cheese crumbles... sweet potater wedges... and not my favorite bbq glazed chikum... so, I think we'll just focus on the good stuff!


Iceberg lettuce wedge
the stuff :
  • ice burg lettuce head
  • bacon
  • red onion
  • walnuts
  • blue chez
  • and that awesome ranch i mentioned in my last blogolicious ;)

the construction:

I'd start out by making that awesome dressing i mentioned in my last blog IF you don't already have it handy... it just tastes so much better if it's been sittin for at least a hour or 24! and then i'd work on my bacon bits! i chop my bacon into small pieces before cookin it up on the stove... it's just so much easier that way. next I'd chop up the iceberg lettuce-shmack the bottom of that sucker onto your counter top so that lil cork at the bottom comes out nicely, then chop into 4 pieces or however many pieces you think you'd like that head to feed. then, clear out any excess not so good looking lettuce and top your wedge with however much goodness your lil heart desires! and then enjoy!


now we come to the shweet potatoe wedgies... oh my gosh can i say delicious! thanks to Rachel Rae i will be makin these bad boys weekly! partially cuz they're so darn healthy for ya!


sweet potato wedges

the stuff:

  • sweet potatoes
  • olive oil
  • salt & pep

the construction:

preheat oven to 450 degrease, next peel those sweet taters, then, oil um up with just enough oil to cover the taters, apply salt & pepper to your hearts desires, get your hands dirty and mix all that flavory goodness together! then bake for about 20-30 min - depending on your oven i suppose.

eat um! love um!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! The lettuce wedge reminds me of a salad I get at my favorite restaurant here. Think I'll just have to make that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for the ideas! ! You are my food makin idol!

    ReplyDelete