Wednesday, July 20, 2011

samurai 21 dressing copycat (stg japenese steakhouse)

i really like this dressing... I'm not sure what it is about it exactly... maybe it's the fact that while eating it i know I'm about to devour 3 lbs of sushi, or maybe it's because while eating it i know I'm finally on that date I've been hinting towards for the last 3 months... whatever the case it's just so good.

the other night the hubs decided to take me out on that 3 months of build up but we decided to try a new sushi joint. I've had it before, but it was new to him. Osaka... their dressing is sweet and mustardy like... and it just didn't hit the spot.

so, today i decided to make my own. what a really, really good idea that was.

when i first tried this dressing i thought to myself, thousand island without the sweet relish. BUT there was that japaneseness that i just couldn't dismiss... I'm still not certain of the exact recipe and probably never will be..
but here's my take. for all you dressing loving fools.


i should name it easy peasy... well, because it's just that. one super de duper easy and delicious dressing.

what you'll be wantin


  • 1 cup mayo

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • 1/4 cup teryaki

  • the juice of one lemon

this should make enough for a party of friends... or just you for a week! i chose the week. it's probably best if it sits for awhile, but i ate it right out the mixin bowl!


hint: mix well! if there is mayo clumps, keep mixin! i use a whisk.

4 comments:

  1. I like to pour this on my whole meal. I could drink it. then use it for lip gloss. thats how much i love this dressing. thanks for the copy cat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unusual I gotta try! Not sure about using it for lip gloss but it definitely is going on salad.

    ReplyDelete